All this time you’ve just been putting dryer sheets in the dryer!
1. They will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them. They also repel mice.
2. Spread sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle.
3. They take the odor out of books and photo albums that don’t get opened too often.
4. They repel mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season..
5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.
6. Since dryer sheets are designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.
7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a dryer sheet.
8.. To freshen the air in your home – Place an individual dryer sheet in a drawer or hang in the closet.
9. Put a dryer sheet in vacuum cleaner.
10. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a dryer sheet before beginning to sew.
11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual dryer sheet inside empty luggage before storing.
12. To freshen the air in your car – Place a dryer sheet under the front seat.
13. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.
14. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a dryer sheet at the bottom of the wastebasket.
15. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a dryer sheet will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.
16.. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a dryer sheet to prevent dust from resettling..
17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used dryer sheet will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual dryer sheet at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
19. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a dryer sheet in your shoes or sneakers overnight.
20. Golfers put a dryer sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.
21. Put a dryer sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh.
22. Wet a dryer sheet, hose down your car, and wipe love bugs off easily with the wet dryer sheet.
23. The US Postal service sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a dryer sheet in their uniform pockets to keep yellow jackets away.
Use them all the time when playing baseball and soccer outside. I use it when I am working outside. It really works. The insects just veer around you.
Need more ideas? Good Housekeeping has a few: